Enrolment Procedure – Terms & Conditions
The terms set out below are our standard terms and conditions. There are also some special terms relating to Covid-19 currently valid for bookings received before the 30 September 2021 - please see: Covid-19 update
1) The Terms and Conditions apply to students who book directly with the school. If you book through a representative, the representative's Terms and Conditions may apply.
2) If we accept your enrolment, your £400.00 deposit is non-refundable, however, if you enrol online, directly in person or by telephone, you are entitled to a ‘cooling off period’ of 14 days with the right to free cancellation. If you start your course within these 14 days, we can charge a reasonable sum for services based on the proportion of the course undertaken.
3) All fees should be paid in full no later than two weeks before your course start date.
4) ELC Bristol reserves the right to refuse an enrolment.
5) ELC Bristol is not liable for loss of tuition or other services caused by factors outside of our control (natural events e.g. flooding, storms, earthquake or pandemics). Refunds in this instance will not be made.
6) If you wish to postpone your course for any reason, for example, if you need a visa and are still waiting for the visa to be issued, you must let us know at least 1 week before you are due to arrive, otherwise you will have to pay for one week of accommodation to cover the notice period (if you have booked accommodation through the school).
7) Refunds will be made within 90 days and are only paid back to the issuing account and not necessarily to the student.
8) If you need a visa and you have your visa application refused, we will refund your fees, less the deposit, once we have received a copy of the visa rejection letter.
9) If, for any reason, you have to stop your course early, your tuition fees are non-refundable. Please see our cancellation and refunds policy and procedures.
10) If you wish to change or leave your accommodation, the school will refund your accommodation fees in full provided you give at least 2 full weeks’ notice, except during the first 4 weeks of your stay when only 1 week’s notice is necessary. Changes should always take place at weekends.
11) Visa students please note that if you do not have the correct visa to allow you to study or you lose your right to remain in the UK, then any contract you have with the school will be void.
12) We reserve the right to ask you to leave the school without refunding tuition fees in the event of misconduct, criminal behaviour or serious attendance problems. See disciplinary procedures. The school also has school rules which we expect you to follow.
13) Unacceptable behaviour in school accommodation may result in students being asked to leave - we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find suitable, alternative accommodation.
15) At ELC we always encourage you to tell us how you feel and if you have any problems or suggestions. Please click here to see our Complaints and Suggestions procedure.
16) Accredited English language centres rarely close down, but if they do it can be traumatic for students. However, ELC Bristol is a member of English UK and members are automatically covered by a Student Emergency Support Scheme which ensures that if a school closes, students can complete their studies and do not lose their accommodation money. For full details see here.