Young Adult Summer Residence
During the summer period students aged 16 - 17 also have the option of staying in our Young Adult Summer Residence in Bristol near the city centre.
The ELC Bristol Young Adult Summer Residence residence is located just 5 minutes from the city centre and the lively harbourside. It is approximately 25 minutes' walk from school or an easy 10-minute journey by bus.
- All rooms are fully-furnished lockable study bedrooms arranged in flats with 6 or 7 bedrooms.
- You live in flats only with other ELC students under 18 plus the residence manager.
- All bedrooms are fully en-suite, with your own toilet and shower in your room.
- We provide all bedding (duvet and duvet cover, pillow and pillow case, and sheets) but please bring your own towels and toiletries.
- We organise a self-service breakfast for students in the flat.
- Students have evening meals together in a local restaurant.
- Each flat has a fully-fitted kitchen with crockery, cutlery, pots and pans provided. You can prepare your own lunches and snacks in the kitchen when you choose.
- Laundry facilities are available in a separate part of the building, which you must pay for yourself.
- Free 24-hour Wi-Fi access.
Students have access to the communal facilities of the ELC Bristol summer residence:
- Student lounge with pool table, table football, large-screen TV, table tennis, quiet study room and on-site bike storage.
- Laundry room (£3 per wash, £1.70 per dry) – students must do their own laundry and pay for it themselves.
5 July - 15 August 2020
£285 per week half-board for a single en-suite bedroom
Pros & Cons of the Young Adult Summer Residence
- There are lots of independent students living there, so it is a sociable place to live.
- You will be living with people from lots of different countries.
- All bedrooms are fully en suite (no homestays are) so you will have your own private bathroom.
- It’s right near the city centre, with really good access to the shopping area and lively harbourside.
- You will have more independence but still be in a very safe, cared-for environment with our staff there 24 hours to look after you. This is a good way to experience independent living while still being very well looked after and supported.
- There are great communal facilities which you can enjoy and where you can meet other students. There is a large student common room with pool table, table football, large-screen TV, table tennis and sofas.
- Secure access and on-site service team available.
- We provide breakfast and dinner 7 days per week. You will also be able to prepare your own food in your flat kitchen whenever you want – something not normally possible in homestays.
- You will be living with lots of other students, so there will be rules to follow. You will have to deal with rules about noise, curfews, smoking, etc.
- You will need to be back in your flat by 23:00 from Sunday to Thursday, and by 24:00 on Friday and Saturdays.
- You will have to share the kitchen space with other students, who might not be as clean and tidy as you would like them to be.
- The residence is not a social area of the school. If you have a visitor, they are only allowed in the communal games and TV areas and they must leave by 22:00. They cannot visit your flats. You must also tell the Residence Manager if you have a visitor inside the residence.
- You will have to wash all your laundry yourself (except sheets) but the Residence Manager is there to help you.
- It is a 25-minute walk to the school.
- There will be less contact with native English speakers compared to living with a homestay.