Speak in English all the time. Do not use your own language. Using your own language is not polite and it will not help you improve your English!
Please be on time for your lessons. If you are late, you waste your time and the time of the other students in the class. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late, your teacher has been instructed to send you to the Vice-Principal or Director of Studies, who will then decide if you can join your class. For more information, see our ‘Lateness Policy’. This is also displayed in every classroom.
If you are sick and cannot come to school, you must text the Director of Studies to let us know.
Summer Centre +447551 541423
Text your name, your teacher’s name and what is wrong with you.
- If you are sick for more than 5 days, you must get a doctor’s note.
- If you arrange something and you know you will miss a lesson, please tell your teacher in advance.
- If you are absent and you do not contact us, we will try to contact you.
- If we cannot reach you, we may call your emergency contact number.
- If you miss lessons, your teacher will expect you to catch up in the self-study time.
- If you come to less than 85% of the lessons, your leaving certificate will not say that you successfully completed the course and will show your final attendance percentage.
- If you are under 18, you need to sign your name in the under 18s file every morning before your first lesson.
Respect each other and your teacher. The school will not tolerate any form of bullying, racism, aggressive or abusive behaviour. Report any such behaviour to the Principal or Director of Studies. See our ‘Bullying and Harassment policy’ for more information. There are also ‘Respect’ posters in every classroom.
Mobile phones ringing during lessons disturb everyone. If you have a mobile phone, make sure it is switched off before you go into class and please no ‘texting’ or checking Facebook during class time! Please don’t leave the class to take or make a call, except in an emergency.
No food or drinks in the multimedia centre. Only drink water in the classrooms.
Quiet zone! No ‘chatting’ - especially after school (15.30 – 17.30).
You must follow ELC’s e-safety policy for safe use of the internet. Updated September 2018
No smoking (includes e-cigarettes) in school or within 3 metres of the front doors. Please note: you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes or alcohol in the UK and it’s illegal to buy them for U 18s.
Absolutely no drugs ever. Drugs are illegal. Zero tolerance. You will be asked to leave the school immediately and your tuition fees will not be refunded.
Please dress appropriately for a multicultural environment.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the school without refunding tuition fees in the event of misconduct, criminal behaviour or serious attendance problems. The school also has school rules which we expect you to follow.
Unacceptable behaviour in school accommodation may result in students being asked to leave - we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find suitable, alternative accommodation.
The school has a ‘disciplinary policy for students’ in place and reserves the right to ask a student to leave the school in all serious cases. In the case of a student under 18 years, arrangements will be made for them to return home. For full information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.