Over-18 Summer University Residence
During the summer period, independent students over 18 also have the option of staying in our Over-18 Summer University Residence at ELC Bristol.
The residence is located just 5 minutes from the city centre and approximately 25 minutes' walk from school or an easy 10-minute journey by bus.
- All rooms are fully-furnished lockable study bedrooms arranged in flats with 6 or 7 bedrooms.
- Flats are shared only with other international ELC Bristol students.
- All bedrooms are fully en suite, with your own shower and toilet in your room.
- Each flat has a fully-fitted kitchen with crockery, cutlery, pots and pans provided, so you can make your own meals when it suits you.
- We provide all bedding is provided (duvet and duvet cover, pillow & pillow case, and sheets) but please bring your own towels and toiletries.
- Laundry facilities are available in a separate part of the building, which you must pay for yourself.
- The building has a communal social area where students can play table tennis and pool.
- Electricity, heating and water is included in your accommodation cost.
- Free 24-hour Wi-Fi access.
14 July - 24 August 2024
£250 per week self-catering for a single bedroom with full en suite bathroom
Pros and Cons of the ELC Bristol Over-18 Summer University Residence
- There are lots of students living there, so it is a sociable place to live.
- You will be living with people from lots of different countries.
- Some, but not all, bedrooms are fully en-suite so you may have your own private bathroom with a toilet and a shower.
- It’s right near the city centre, with really good access to the shopping area, the harbourside, and College Green for picnics etc.
- There are great communal facilities which you can enjoy and where you can meet other students – a big student common room with pool table, table football, large-screen TV, table tennis and sofas.
- It has secure access and an on-site service team available.
- As it is self-catering accommodation, you will have the facilities to be able to prepare your own food in your flat kitchen whenever you want.
- You will be living with lots of other students, so there will be rules to follow.
- You will have to deal with rules about noise, cleaning, recycling, smoking, etc.
- You will have to share the kitchen space with other students, who might not be as clean and tidy as you would like them to be.
- The residence is a little further to the school but closer to the city centre.
- The residence is not a social area of the school – so, if you have a visitor, they must leave by 22:00.
- You will have to wash and pay for all your laundry yourself.
- There will be less contact with native English speakers compared to living with a homestay.