English Summer Courses
Summer English language courses in Bristol
The summer courses at ELC Bristol are from the middle of June to the middle of September. We organise the summer English courses at ELC Bristol in the same way we run our courses during the rest of the year.
There are 21 full hours of lessons each week during our English summer courses at ELC Bristol. We also offer 4 hours of optional supervised self-study and 2 additional hours of optional language activities. These may include Conversation Club, Job Club, Friday Film Club and guest speakers.
During July and August, there are often more than 250 students in the school. As well as using our year-round building, Abon House, we also open an ELC Summer Centre (4-5 Worcester Road BS8 3JL). Our Summer Centre is actually part of Clifton College. Students may study in any of our buildings during our English summer courses, depending on their level.
ELC Bristol organises many interesting activities, sports and excursions as part of our summer social programme. To see more about our social programme, please click here
Our summer accommodation options include homestay, student houses and our student summer residences.
Students under 18 must stay in homestay accommodation during the year but may stay in our Young Adult Summer Residence in July and August.
Bristol is very lively in the summer and there are lots of music festivals and other events in the city, so it's a great time to come and do a summer course at ELC!
Summer English Language Course Information
- The majority of our students are individuals. We don't accept large groups.
- ELC Bristol's minimum age is 16 and the average age is 23. There is no maximum age.
- We have a wide mix of nationalities, with students from an average of 25 different countries.
- Depending on their level, students can take the Cambridge English First or Advanced exams or IELTS.*
* Although we have classes at advanced level, we do not run specific Proficiency Examination Preparation courses during the summer courses. This is because the Proficiency exam is not held at this time of the year.