ELC Bristol: #1 Ranked UK School
A family-run school, offering intensive General English and examination preparation courses in Bristol, a lively university city in the South West of England.
John & Margaret Duncan
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please see below our Terms and Conditions. If you would prefer to read these in another language, please click on one of the flags above.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to students who book directly with the school. If you book through a representative, the representative's Terms and Conditions may apply.
- If we accept your enrolment, your £300.00 deposit is non-refundable, however, if you enrol online, directly in person or by telephone, you are entitled to a ‘cooling off period’ of 14 days with the right to free cancellation. If you start your course within these 14 days, we can charge a reasonable sum for services based on the proportion of the course undertaken.
- Once you have enrolled, changes to bookings are subject to a £15.00 administration fee.
- If you wish to postpone your course for any reason, for example, if you need a visa and are still waiting for the visa to be issued, you must let us know at least 2 weeks before you are due to arrive, otherwise you will lose your £300.00 deposit and will have to pay another deposit before we can confirm a new starting date.
- If you need a visa and you have your visa application refused, we will refund your fees, less the £300.00 deposit, once we have received a copy of the visa rejection letter.
- Refunds are always made to whoever paid the fees and not necessarily to the student.
- If, for any reason, you have to stop your course early, your tuition fees are non-refundable. Please see our cancellation and refunds policy and procedures.
- If you wish to change or leave your accommodation, the school will refund your accommodation fees in full provided you give at least 2 full weeks’ notice, except during the first 4 weeks of your stay when only 1 week’s notice is necessary. Changes should always take place at weekends.
- If you have a General Student Visa, your accommodation fees will only be refunded if you show us documents proving that you are either enrolled and sponsored by another UK institution or you have booked and paid for a return flight home. If you plan to return home, your accommodation fees will be refunded to you in your own country.
- Visa students please note that if you do not have the correct visa to allow you to study or you lose your right to remain in the UK, then any contract you have with the school will be void.
- ELC Bristol reserves the right to ask you to leave the school without refunding tuition fees in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance. See disciplinary procedures. The school also has school rules which we expect you to follow.
- We keep your personal information in electronic and paper format. Some of this information is passed on to official authorities such as the British Council, ISI (the Independent Schools Inspectorate), to your accommodation provider and to the school taxi company (if you request an airport transfer). To fulfil our obligations to UK Visas and Immigration, on your first day at school, we must see and photocopy your passport and visa (if required). We also need your UK address, mobile phone number and details of your next of kin in your own country. This information must be kept up to date at all times and must be given to UK Visas and Immigration if required to do so under UK law. By accepting the school's Terms and Conditions, you accept our right to use your personal information in this way.
- ELC Bristol may use video or photographs of students for promotional purposes. If you do not allow us to use such images, you must inform the school in writing.
- At ELC we always encourage you to tell us how you feel and if you have any problems or suggestions. Please click here to see our Complaints and Suggestions procedure.
- Accredited English language centres rarely close down, but if they do it can be traumatic for students. However, ELC Bristol is a member of English UK and members are automatically covered by a Student Emergency Support Scheme which ensures that if a school closes, students can complete their studies and do not lose their accommodation money. For full details see here.