Complaints / It’s Good to Talk
It's good to talk
If you are unhappy about something or if you have a suggestion, we would really like to know. It is such a shame to wait until the end of the course to let us know. Please tell us straight away and we will do whatever we can to solve the problem or make things better.
- There is a ‘suggestion box’ in the entrance hall. If you have a suggestion, please write it down and put it in the box!
- Your first class teacher will interview you regularly. If you have a problem with your studies, please talk to your teacher or to the Vice-Principal or Director of Studies.
- If you have a problem with your accommodation, please speak to the Accommodation Manager or to the Principal.
- If you cannot solve your problem or if you have any other sort of problem, or if you would like to make a formal complaint, please speak to the Principal or to the Director.
- If you find it difficult to talk to a member of staff, you can always talk to your class rep.
ELC Bristol is a family-run school with a reputation for taking care of each individual student. Margaret Duncan (Director), John Duncan (Director) and Lauren Hyde (Accommodation Manager) are responsible for welfare but at ELC you will find all our teachers and staff are friendly, caring and happy to speak to you. We don’t see you as just another student but as a person and we are all here to help you whenever we can.
The Welfare Team
If you have a personal problem, please talk to a member of the welfare team.
If you have a complaint, please talk to the Principal or the Director at any time. If you cannot find a solution, you can write to English UK, the national association of accredited English language centres. For details of the English UK complaints procedure, please visit www.englishuk.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org