ELC Bristol: #1 Ranked UK School
A family-run school, offering intensive General English and examination preparation courses in Bristol, a lively university city in the South West of England.
John & Margaret Duncan
- The summer courses run from 5 June to 15 September 2017 and are organised in the same way we run our courses during the rest of the year.
- There are 21 full hours of lessons each week plus 4 hours of optional supervised self-study and 2 addional hours of optional language activities (from Conversation Club, Job Club, Friday Film Club and guest speakers)
- The majority of our students are motivated individuals. We don't accept large groups.
- The minimum age is 16 and the average age is 23. There is no maximum age.
- There is a wide mix of nationalities with students from an average of 25 different countries.
- During July and August, we expect there to be up to 250 students in the school and as well as using our year round buidlings, Pembroke and Abon House, we also open an ELC Summer Centre (4-5 Worcester Road BS8 3JL) which is actually part of Clifton College so during these two months, students may be taught in any of the three buidlings.
- Many interesting activities, sports and excursions are arranged. To see an example of the summer course social programme please click here.
- Depending on their level, students can take the Cambridge English First or Advanced exams, IELTS or BULATS.
- Accommodation options include homestay, student houses and our beautiful student residence.
(Students under 18 must stay in homestay accommodation)